Most local businesses are suffering right now, while others have been forced to temporarily shut down. Government financial relief can only take you so far. Ultimately, the onus is on all of us – the local communities and customers, to support local businesses. Here are nine ways to do that:
- Purchase gift cards or certificates from your local businesses and restaurants for future use. You can even launch an online contest/drawing for local business gift cards or services.
- Tip service workers a little extra.
- Find out about online services. Your or your child’s regular providers, such as therapists, personal trainers, tutors, or music teachers can continue to administer their services to you through video or online conferencing.
- Help promote local businesses on your social media pages. Share take-out/delivery menus from local restaurants and deals or digital flyers from local businesses.
- If you have the financial means, continue paying your nanny, domestic assistants, and home cleaning service people. They need you and you will need them.
- If a class or event was canceled, donate that lost money to the organization instead of requesting a refund.
- While most restaurants are offering delivery and curbside pickup, you can also utilize local stores not currently open for businesses that are providing delivery and pickup.
- If you are well-versed in website development or digital marketing, offer (pro bono) to assist local businesses that do not have an online social media presence to help them promote their business online.
- Simply give a donation to a local business.
For more information, please give your trusted, neighborhood independent insurance agency a call at 845-986-1177. We are your business, home, auto, and life insurance solutions provider, partner, and adviser, serving Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Florida, Goshen, Pine Island, Middletown, Chester, Monroe, Newburgh, Orange County, and the Hudson Valley and Tri-State Area.