Newlywed couples are spending an average of $30,000 on their weddings. Wedding insurance is a way to ensure your big day is remembered because it was an amazing event, not because of a misfortune that gave you financial adversity as you begin your new lives together.
What can wedding insurance protect you from? A wedding policy can reimburse you if you lose your non-refundable deposits and purchases due to situations beyond your control. A few examples include:
- Whether or not an enormous storm is brewing on your scheduled wedding day.
- If your caterer, DJ, flowers, or photographer arrives late.
- If you need to postpone the wedding due to a family death, illness, or travel delays.
- Stolen gifts or jewelry.
- Loss of or damage to your wedding ring.
- Photography damages that lead to a retakes of photographs and/or videos.
What should make you strongly consider wedding insurance? Here are a few questions to ask yourself:
- Does your wedding cost $10,000 or more?
- Are you placing $1,000 or more in deposits for the caterer, photographer, reception hall, and/or wedding dress?
- Is the bride, groom, or either parents traveling from out of town to be at the wedding?
- Do you have a planned location for your wedding?
- Are you hiring a professional photographer/videographer?
Like other insurance policies, a wedding policy is personally built around you and your wedding, providing rescheduling, replacement, or reimbursement. If you have a wedding coming up, we advise you to consider wedding insurance to ensure that you can experience the amazing and worry-free day everyone you deserve. If you have any questions, please contact us at 845-986-1177 or get a quick and free wedding quote here.
We are your business, home, auto, and life insurance solutions provider, partner, and adviser, serving Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Florida, Goshen, Pine Island, Middletown, Chester, Monroe, Newburgh, Orange County, and the Hudson Valley and Tri-State Area.