Discounts will always vary on the insurance carrier and state, but it is worth a shot at asking your independent insurance agent about the following discounts so you don’t miss out if they are available to you!
- Claims-free discount: As an insurance company, what would be your favorite kind of customer to insure? One that is low-risk and isn’t prone to accidents. If you are one of those customers who haven’t filed any claims in the past 10 years, you could be entitled to save big money!
- Alarm system discount: Insurance carriers love it when its clients have already taken steps toward keeping their home safe. If you have a burglar alarm — whether local or monitored — you have a great opportunity to lower your premiums.
- Fire and smoke detector discounts: As long as you have a functional smoke detector (multiple depending on the size of your home), along with at least one fire extinguisher per floor, then you could be eligible for this discount.
- The bundling discount: You’ve probably heard this one a lot, but just by being insured with auto and home insurance by the same company is a way to save money.
- New home discount: If you have a recently built home, you should be asking your insurance agent about a new home discount! Modern structures are less prone to accidents, leakages, and other failures that often result in claims.
These discounts are often available to insurance customers; however, in many case, clients simply don’t think to ask. At Seely & Durland, we work proactively to assist you toward a plan to help reduce your premiums. Contact us at 845-986-1177 to see if you are eligible for any sorts of discounts! We are your business, home, auto, and life insurance solutions provider and partner, serving Warwick, Greenwood Lake, Florida, Pine Island, Goshen, Middletown, Chester, Monroe, Newburgh, Orange County, and the Hudson Valley and Tri-State Area.